Sometimes when I see a recipe I must make it – this was one of those times. Such an odd combination, for me, that I couldn’t resist finding out what it tasted like!
Adapted from this recipe at BBC GoodFood.
Curried Mango, Broccoli & Ginger Soup
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- thumb of ginger
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 250g broccoli
- 150g spinach
- 1 medium mango
- 1 red chilli
- vegetable stock
- 142ml single cream
- Chop the onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli, mango and chilli.
- Heat the oil, adding the curry paste, and the above chopped items once heated.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes, then add the stock and spinach.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
- Blend with a hand blender.
- Add the cream, reheat and serve.
- I used spinach and broccoli mainly because I didn’t entirely pay attention when writing down quantities for this recipe and didn’t buy enough broccoli – thus the spinach can be replaced with an equal weight of broccoli.
- The soup is lovely when first made but matures really well – it was super on the second day.
I had to take a picture of the pot of ingredients – it was such a lovely mish-mash of bright colours compared to the slightly white-green colour of the final soup.